Saturday 24 January 2015

Lakeside Lady

t 7:52am · Edited ·
LAKESIDE LADY
Risking the wrath of elders,
For not taking one of my kind,
For breaking the unwritten law,
For overlooking the childhood engagement,
For taking you,Oh the Lakeside Lady!
You assurance to my lineage,
Outshines my most weird thoughts,
You're not only smart physically
But also a mental threat to my intellect,
Who has ever heard of an accent like yours?
I'm sure the Queen who took our resources and blood,
Will feel cowed and threatened by your prowess in her own language!
Are your hips not an epitome of confusion?
swaying provocatively, pronounced well for delivery?
Your blackness is a favour.
glimmering gloriously in the sun,
creating headaches to admirers,
supressing boldness amongst the bangers,
for none dares question you,
your protruding big eyes,
assures me of existence of beauty,
when rounded at 180 degrees
i am always left trickled.
the lakeside lady, the centre of my joy,
let them yap as they prefer
what matters to me is your love
your culinary tricks are impressive
frying dagaas and preparing mukimo
boiling the matokes and the precious saget
where you learned to ferment mursik i have no idea
your delicacies are tasty during the days
and life worth during the nights
for its unbeatable
you are the best server.
lakeside lady
i wont mind touring the forest with you
i would be humbled to see the river source with you
to explore the unknown forests with you
to climb the hill together
to rest and pant along....
my lakeside lady
i stopped caring of my enterprising community for you
what can make profit than the pearl you are?
i stopped minding the loudness and stone throws of your people
what can be louder than your glimmering heart?
which stone can be thrown beyond our endless love?
I am taking you home
their acceptance orrejection matters not
for you are my choice
my highway to madness

No comments: