Monday 30 January 2017

LAST RANT: TIME TO PART




I never thought we would ever part. Now, it is inevitable. PHOTO :COURTESY
Sometimes, yes sometime after what happened, I can't be at peace with my soul. You're all over my record, all over my timeline, all over my mind. I don't understand why I had to drag you so deep in my system. Perhaps, I had been so naive to think that all was well with us. Like sugar, I dissolved in you, my water, unknowing that you're a universal solvent. Now that the heat has risen the temperature, you've vaporised, leaving me in my initial form, crystals.

We blended so well, I made you tasty, you dissolved me. We had no boundaries, no discrepancies, no fears but just affection. We posed and paused together. I felt safe in your presence, I boasted to have no problems as far as relationships were concerned. Unfortunately, the heart harbours darkest secrets, yours was a bushy forest that had foxes and hyaenas.

We blended so well. I had no idea you haboured wild thoughts. PHOTO ; COURTESY.


How did you manage a double life? My blindness must've done you a great favour. The fact that you knew I had fallen for, your antics, jokes, romance and well that smile that solved all my problems. You tools were perfect. My first love, you toyed with my feelings like a doll. I believed in stars, the moon and the sun. I trusted the best, the best liar, the principal masquerade. I never questioned you, I tolerated your flaws. I banked in a future, a future that only I believed in. I now understand your choice of words; may, might, hopefully, ideally, maybe...not even once were you ever affirmative. For you, we were supposed to celebrate the present, the moment, for that's what defined fun. And I was a good fan, cooling you down with all I had, giving you the freshness you needed.
I believed in the moon and the stars as the guardians to our love; I was a fool.PHOTO: COURTESY


All the parties, the photo shoots, the hikes and movies, your motto; ‘Enjoy the present’ worked excellently. One and a quarter calendar year, your presence in my life became a past, your presence was needed elsewhere. Probably where the pool was warmer, and the meat was plenty. And with all the courage of a cock, you claimed to have been torn between your current and I your former.

It wasn't easy I admit to even imagine there was another one. I was shocked, I was ashamed. I thought it was a joke, a dirty prank to test my reaction. But you went through the memory lane, like a veteran soldier, retelling your infidelity tale, mask and the temptation. Like usual, you expected a warm hug, a promise that all would be well. I disappointed, walked away, called it off.



I am busy, tearing your memories. The malignant reminder of seen you all over the streets and halls isn't making anything better. But I don't mind getting better, I am. I'm not going to undo the moments we shared. I can't spoil that. I have however learned to draft, craft and live a new life. Life without you, life free from lies, life based on lessons that you taught me, of enjoying the present. I know you're funny, I don't deny your (faked) goodness but all I can ask for is a favour, which is you keep off my lanes. I have forgiven you, not in totality though. Allow me to heal don't pester me with the sorry sorrows and promises. Enjoy the meaty catch as I work on my fractured heart.

No comments: