Wednesday 27 May 2015

Village Girl V


Why did I hug her?
What made me peck her?
But last evening she looked 'hot',
I believe she was on heat!

Wait,
Since the town visit,
She has embraced the art of shower,
The science of cosmetics and,
Away from overdoing make up,
She's a modern Village Girl but...

Like bush fire,
Bush gossip runs marathons,
It was only last evening,
And my name is a headline,
The lead follows the creative brains coining,
'at last he will marry one our own',
It's a shock only to me,
Were there not fears that foreign influence would spoil their boy?

Everyone is happy,
Except me and its awkward,
On asking her she says,
"Pretend not,It was the best thing,
I have never been so close to my dream man,
I'll protect our 'love' forever",

And...
If only she could wait,
If only she understood,
If only she won't have talked that much,
Hugs and pecks are basic appreciations,
Yet in the village,
Her uncles are glad that Kenya Charity's Boom,
Is knocking at their doorstep.

What is that about girl?
I'm sorry,deeply sorry,
I was just saying hey,
And you looked good!

No comments: