Tuesday 30 June 2015

MAD TIMES: WHAT I LOVE VERSUS WHAT I NEED

Why? My mind is so full, the schedule so tight? In fact my brains are wearing with the depletion rate high than replenishment!

The research proposal has been accepted, chapters two and one expected in ten days and the library is just but an old library of empty mahogany and metallic shelves,few old books with no any content worth my area of study. Literature review is a quagmire and the semester is running. Mad.

That interview past midnight, (directors crave for publicity even at the wee hours!)should be compiled before eight and that call,
"You're failing me buddy,the deadline was 48 hours ago. " Whines the magazine editor. If only he knew how much I'm fixing everything!

Did  I mention a fixed class at ten? And how it has been delayed up to the mid of the crazy semester only the humorous lecturer knows. A text twinkles in my phone. Who suggested it at such a precious hour? I'm to interview a national TV news reporter (which is as big as the heaven itself!) plus that comedian we booked,first time on broadcast,notes can be written later but this ‪ArtShow‬ edition is a MUST.

Group work? I was to do my personal CAT ( imagine a ten page monster)and here rings the call from you guess who? A sevenbook author! Same time,sometime for a dilemma. How many times did I try booking him for an exclusive cover? No one has ever given him the platform. As much as he has an ego,his story is a potential hit and a brand maker too,the chance is mine to shine! All these must be done,deadlines,marks,correspondence.

And the evening much easier,so there is a CAT that needs watching five movies! And all about feminism,women empowerment,women oppression,women idiocy,women cowardice, women evrything!One question, five movies,about women,ten pages.

 How many lectures I've to catch up only notes dictate. The communal wifi is misbehaving as usual,then I must incur the nightbundle burden of the mega green company(millionaire company that feedeth on skinny studentship allowances for upkeep)

Power gone! Having my greens from the last woman at stage,muddy cold Eldoret having a toll on my chest and now the dark streets plus unless I join rodents community,my intestines have to wait for a brighter day!

As I struggle planning how to wake up early,the phone buzzes,the lady (feminism classes well understood,otherwise this term is overstatement) whines over my laxity(of all terms!) in making up to her,how I pick no calls,no text reply and how she needs attention! Then momma follows suit,and I'm supposed to manage all these and how my head twists and the stomach rumbles! Responsibilities. Gentlemanliness dictates humility, so do I,but...

Tommorow.Off.Phone. Some sacrifices must be made and did I mention the editor in chief is on my toes demanding articles? He will get them,next semester.
Discarding the phone is inevitable,after all no power to charge. When passion and needs merge,my crash is the next big thing! Luckily I'm big headed, there's room for brain to expand to!

No comments: