Tuesday 1 December 2015

SHE CAN'T COOK

Tracing The Roots: A Madness Anthology.


#004


SHE CAN'T COOK,DADDY.


To respect you is inevitable,
I'm a firstborn,a pacesetter,
The bearer of the royal stool,
And mentor to the juniors,
But father, this one, I detest obeying you...


Her ancestry is strong,
In character and exceptional beauty,
Every young man craves for her,
And they think I'm lucky to have her for a wife,
She's intelligent,
A daughter of books,
An expert in brilliance,a lover with glimmering eyes,
But father, I won't marry her...


She sways her waist, in the most provocative way,
Her voice makes the hummingbird belittled and envious,
What of her poetry?
She's the epitome of happiness and rhymes...
Yet, I wouldn't marry her..


She,
The daughter of Guthu,
She has no idea of making food,
She can't cook even a cup of boiled water...
Nyakairo the light skinned,
She knows nothing,
Nothing in household duties,
She can't even make a bed!


Daddy,
If I have to marry her,
Send her to her mother,
Let her get the skills,
Two years of maximum attention,
Maybe, I'll marry her then...

No comments: